Tuesday 31 July, 2007

The Green-Eyed Monster

This is my first poem, hope u like it


I opened my eyes to see,
The fence, standing tall and proud.
Beyond it I beheld, the amazing sight
The grass was greener on the other side.

Lush it stood, in all it’s glory,
It’s green shining in my eye,
I longed to jump over the fence, to touch to feel
As, the grass was greener on the other side.

I stare at the ground beneath my feet,
my Eden, the garden of my dreams
It’s wholesomeness suddenly stricken
Just cos, the grass was greener on the other side.

I tried to reason, that it would change with seasons.
Summers and spring, winter and fall
All passed, no luck at all,
Still, the grass was greener on the other side.

I ploughed, sowed & toiled in every way.
To make my land as green as there.
But, it was all in vain, to no avail,
Cos, the grass was greener on the other side.

To stop from heeding Lucifer’s call, conjure a fence ten feet tall.
Insurmountable, solid as rock.
To hide the damning sight.
The grass was greener on the other side.

The green of the land haunted me, possessing me.
Flowing softly in the weightless breeze.
It entices me, forever eludes me.
The greener grass on the other side.

I wrecked it, wrecked them both with a wrecking ball.
Then, set ablaze like a ball of fire.
Fire to ashes, it turned to dust before my eyes.
Finally, the grass was greener on the other side….

.....no more.

2 comments:

Preeti said...

too deep for me!! my poetic brother - i'm so proud

MC said...

this is excellent...... u must not leave it as just another blog entry !!